Monday, February 22, 2010

Butterfly Girl


This is a quick sketch/ink drawing that I did on Sunday after the CAM-JAM I went to. I was still on a roll from all the drawing and the inking, and combined with an episode of Kara no Kyoukai...this is what resulted.

For some background reference, the episode of Kara no Kyoukai I was watching showed a girl with long, black hair while she was standing on the edge of a building. That scene was cut along side with a butterfly flying around in the dark. I thought it was a very poignant moment and I wanted to capture the feelings it gave me. The theme, obviously, was flying.

This was actually one of my first, personal, drawings I've done and inked with pen. I hope do more like these in the future as a part of a series, but no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment