Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cake Magic


This was an old logo I did for myself when I was identifying as the Cake Maggician. It was a name bestowed upon me by my friend Asahina Yuzu during my time in Japan. We (the study abroad gang) had gone to a Japanese liquor store and found these cute little liquor bottles with bunnies on them. The only thing we could read was the flavor and the name of the brand "Kekki Majiku." There was white currant, strawberry, grape, etc. Tons of tasty flavors, and cheap too! It wasn't until later that we realized, it was actually cooking liquor. Yuzu would make fun us when he saw what we did and he started calling me the Cake Magician.

He even drew me this lovely parting gift, of an astronaut walking the horizon with sparkles and bubbles following in her wake. There was also a portrait of me, done with extreme precision. I have never seen someone stipple as well as Yuzu.

I will upload his drawing later. But this logo was done as a nod to my Japan days and the incredible experience I had with everyone. It was a Wonderful World of Golden Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment