Saturday, April 14, 2012

Painting Practices

I've been staring out the window lately, and the clouds have just been amazing. The clouds seem so tall and vast that they could just swallow me up whole and send me to somewhere I've never been before. When I see those clouds, I feel light. A small part of a greater life existence.

So for the past three days, I've done three different cloudscapes as practice. The first one was plastery looking so I applied a blending mode on it. Definitely helped. Color and Light by James Gurney makes really good reference material. It's all about keeping the clouds light and fluffy, light passes through all of it but still dense enough to cast shadows.

Anyways, I'll let the paintings speak for themselves :)

Day One
Day Two
Day Three

I was taking a walk up to Buena Vista Park around 7am and the view from the Terrace was breathtaking. The sun was blazing above the Bay, making the water sparkle like something out of a dream. The light was washing over the city and I could see the cars on the freeway glimmer in the distance. I don't ever really think about it, but the city is like my heart. And my heart is mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment