Saturday, December 10, 2011

mOAR!

I'm doing my darndest to keep posting on a regular basis! Even if it's just a sketch or two... right? I hope so.. ! Things have been pretty busy at work lately, but I've been making more time to sketch. Investing in a scanner is definitely something I need to do.

So one thing I've noticed, that helps me with sketching, is using a harder pencil. I normally prefer really soft and rough pencils, like a 2-3B pencil. The Kimberley General's layout pencil makes such a lovely black swatch on the page, but it smudges like no other.

I started to use a 2H pencil when drawing and forcing myself to not press down on the paper as hard forces me to think about my lines more, and less careless mistakes. I also really like drawing with a ballpoint pen, for some reason, I feel more carefree with pen than I do pencil. I wonder why that is? Anyways, on to the sketches!

Tree on rock
Mountain on a precarious point
Done during my Halloween phase

Favorite life drawing sketch
Drawing done for "Blitzen to 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment